Let Carey's Flowers, Inc. be your first choice for flowers.
Our customers always ask about our staff of designers. Here is what our designers would like to share with you.
Carey’s Flowers would like you to meet Seth
1. Education: South Hadley High School Class of 1989, Holyoke
Community College, and University of Massachusetts
2. Awards: Student Service Awards 1990,1991,1992
3. Affiliations: Society of American Florists (SAF), Board member,
Connecticut Floral Association (CFA),
4. Number of years in the business: 25 years, I have worked here since I was very young.
5. Your Specialties: Although I truly love all that I do, I think the most gratifying work is done for funeral services. I take great care and pride in the work I send out as families are going through the process of grieving. It is my sincere hope that exquisite flowers will truly help families know that a loved one is showered in beauty and all of the family’s love as they move on to a better place.
6. Previously worked at (List name, state): I have been at Carey’s for my entire career, for those who may ask Carey’s has been a family owned business since 1912 and is still owned by my family.
7. How do you keep up your floral education?
I study trade magazines in a way most would say is obsessive. I am constantly online working through floral design tutorials made available to me through my affiliations. I work and attend designs shows. I also never stop seeking inspiration and when your eyes are open you find inspiration everywhere, through travel, architecture, nature, even in private gardens.
1. Reside in : South Hadley MA.
2. Family: James F. Carey is my Father do I need to say more? You all know him, Joanne (Morassi) Carey is my Mother (yes, she taught High School and was probably your class advisor) Jim M. Carey is my Brother – Computer geek, Amy Carey is my sister and my families #1 golfer.
2a. Marital Status: Spousal Equivalent
3.Pets, Pet bio: Violet is my black poodle and Lily is my white Maltese
4.Favorite book: My favorite ‘book’ is an entire series. The Alex Cross series by James
5.Favorite place in the world: Anyplace I can find a beach
6.Favorite Movie: Star Wars
7.Favorite Song and/or Performer: Michael Buble and Jack Johnson
8.Your Motto: "A coward dies a thousand deaths a brave man only one"
9. Favorite Sport: Baseball
10. Favorite team: Red Sox ! But I love all the New England teams
11.Favorite flower is. .. Who made this question up? I love all flowers I am a floral designer
Seriously two main contenders for me right now are the Nerine Lily and Agapanthus however this changes at least once a month no kidding.
12.Miscelaneous Sharing – I hope you all read Carey’s Flowers Blog
Carey’s Flowers would like you to meet Diane
1. Education: Rittner’s School of Floral Design Boston MA
2. Affiliations: Big Brother Big Sisters, Cursillo
3. Shows or Events you or your work has appeared in: Wedding Shows, “After School” TV movie “Snowbound”
4. Your Specialties: Wedding designs
5. Favorite type/style of design: Compact European
6. Previously worked at : Folwell’s MA, Curtis Flowers IN,
Dutch Mill Flowers TX, Custom Floral Designs CO, Columbine Floral CO, Sonshine Flowers CO
The Little Flower Shop CO, Longmeadow Flowers MA
7. How do you keep up your floral education? Attending design shows and reading professional Magazines
8. Number of years in business - 33 years
1. Reside in : Chicopee MA
2. Family: 1 Daughter a Son in Law and 2
3. Your favorite flower is... Freesia
4. Miscelaneous Sharing:
"You may have seen my work at Chez Josef, The Oaks, The Sheraton, LaRenaissance, Castle of Knights, Knights of Columbus, Parwick Center, The Big E Bridal Expo, The Boston Gift Show, The Hartford Civic Center Gift Show, Storrowtown Tavern, Historical Holiday Display, or The Mass Mutual Center. I was also in an infomercial on Channel 22 with Mikki Verik, and the list goes on…"